About Breanna Loveday
My name is Breanna Loveday and I’ve always lived in Adelaide, South Australia. I am currently 26 years old. My debut novel Time Does Not Stop was published in 2019.
I have been writing short stories since I was a child and got a lot more into it when I was a teenager as I gradually got more into reading. I never liked reading much when I was young as dyslexia was my main hindrance that I slowly overcame as I read more and more. One of the oldest short stories I have I co-wrote with my mum about an alien dog that seemingly fell to earth from his spaceship and desperately wanted to go home but found the love of a young human girl and her family. This one was only a few hundred words but I’ve written other stories that are over one hundred pages long (all handwritten).
I love shopping for books in book shops, on Amazon Kindle and in op shops— as you never know what will be there and they are usually super cheap (and sometimes in tatters). My favourite reading genres include:
- Christian fiction
- Fairy Tale retellings
- Books that have become movies
- Modern / contemporary fiction
My journey to getting published has been a breeze self-publishing through Green Hill Publishing.
Topics and themes I’d love to give a crack at writing (one day, watch this space):
- High or Low fantasy, with magical creatures, magic spells, sword fights and maps
- Futuristic, dystopian and maybe with robots
- Modern Fairy Tale retelling
- Fantasy beings such as vampires, witches, dragons, werewolves etc.
- Teen or adult romance (with the relationship as the central plot)
- Mental illness struggles